Romans 12:5 – “so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”
We are pleased to invite all members that have joined us recently to the New Members Class – which takes 10 lessons- starting from Sunday 29th Jan, 2017.
DCKS Membership Criteria
- Born Again and living a consistent Christian life
- Attended DCKS for at least 6 months
- Baptism by Immersion
- Gone through Connect Manual
- A member of Homecell member
Types of Membership
- Full Membership: Open to those over 18 years of age who meet the membership requirements and who wish to join the church fully and accept all duties, responsibilities and rights of membership. These have voting rights at business meetings of the church.
- Associate Membership: Open to those over 18 years of age who meet the membership requirements but who are members of other churches and wish to join DCKS during their stay in Nairobi. These have no voting rights at business meetings of the church.
- Junior Membership: Open to those age 12-17 years who meet the membership requirements. These have no voting rights at business meetings of the church.
What is expected of a Member?
Having understood the nature and operations of the church, a member is expected to be committed to:
- Protect the unity of the church (Romans 15: 5, 19; I Peter 1:22; Ephesians 4:29; Hebrews 13:17).
- By acting in love toward other members
- By refusing to gossip
- By cooperating with the leaders
- Share the responsibility of the church (I Thessalonians 1:2; Luke 14:23; Romans 15:7).
- By praying for its growth
- By inviting the un-churched to attend
- By warmly welcoming those who visit
- Serve the ministry of my church (I Peter 4:10; Ephesians 4:11-12; Philippians 2:3-4, 7).
- By discovering my gifts and talents
- By being equipped to serve
- By developing a servant’s heart
- Support the testimony of my church (Hebrews 10:25; Philippians 1:27; I Corinthians 16:2; Leviticus 27:30).
- By attending church functions faithfully
- By living a Godly life
- By giving regularly